James P. Whalen
Frisco Criminal Defense Lawyer
Regardless of the type of criminal charge you are facing, Mr. Whalen’s clients receive personal care and attention, along with aggressive, vigorous and experienced advocacy. When Mr. Whalen takes on a case, his clients’ needs and goals always come first. They can rely on him and his staff to be approachable, responsive, efficient and effective.
He understands the confusion and embarrassment an arrest can bring and attempts to make his clients as comfortable as possible throughout the case. He considers himself an attorney and counselor. He tries to make the lives of his clients as normal as possible during this stressful time and help them get back to life as it was with an eye to getting their arrests off the record or concealed.
We all know there is an inequality of power and material resources in the criminal justice system. The government has a large staff of lawyers, police and agents, sophisticated crime labs and experts, and a huge budget provided by the taxpayers. This gives them a tremendous advantage because the legal system is based on the premise that “the whole truth” is that which is presented at the trial. If a defendant cannot challenge the government’s case or submit his or her own witnesses, then the jury may accept whatever evidence the prosecutor produces.
Attorney James P. Whalen understands this and defends his clients with a zealous fervor. His firm’s strength lies in preparation, investigation, motion practice, and trial presentation. Mr. Whalen is also well regarded because he demonstrates the strictest personal and professional ethics. He responds promptly to telephone calls, reports regularly on case developments, and stays on top of changes in the law. By primarily focusing on the defense of federal criminal cases, Whalen Law Office can assure you the highest quality legal representation, enhanced by the personal attention you should expect to receive and will receive from both Mr. Whalen and his staff.
Mr. Whalen is also a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas and urges you to check with their office if you have any questions about his ethical and professional standards. The grievance hotline number is (800) 932-1900.
Contact Whalen Law Office to schedule an initial consultation. He accepts payment plans and credit cards.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law since 2002
Areas of Practice:
- Federal and State Criminal Law
- Federal and State Criminal Appeals
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- State of Texas, 1995
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1995 J.D.
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1990 B.A. International Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Member and Current Board Member and Past Board Member
- Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer Association Member and Past President
- Member of the Eastern District of Texas Local Rules Committee
- Additional Accolades and Accomplishments
- Texas Super Lawyer 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Has appeared on local news stations as an expert on criminal law and also appeared on COURT TV, as an analyst.